layout

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

My 10 Year Plan

  The topic of today's blog: Where I see myself in 10 years. So many things can happen in a span of 10 years....looking back 10 years ago, I was 13 years old, just entering high school, and just entering the crazy word of adolescence. I didn't have a permit to drive a car at all. My parents had just gotten separated. I was moving to a completely different city, completely different school district with new friends.



Past

Now, I am married, have an 8 month old daughter, working at a wonderful job with wonderful people. I have had many relationships, many friendships, both good and bad. I have learned so much about myself. I have lived in a different state; in a completely different setting than what I'm used to. I got to work at Disneyworld in the most magical position possible: Fairy Godmother In Training, INSIDE Cinderella's castle. I have had many adventures, both good and bad and ugly.


Present

Now, it's time to think about my future. Where DO I wanna be in 10 years? I honestly haven't given this too much thought. I have already accomplished what I wanted and more if you would have asked me this 10 years ago, or even 5 years ago.

In 10 years, I will be 33 years old. My daughter will be 10. I hope to have 2 more kids, and then I'll probably be done. I hope to own a house with my husband in the suburbs, preferably in the south somewhere.

My Dream Home


I want both my husband and I to make a GOOD comfortable living. We don't have to be rich by any means but I don't want to be in debt or struggling either. Speaking of debt, I want all of ours to be paid in full.

Materialistically speaking, I would like to own a family car:

Honda Pilot
And one other car....



Volvo s60


Maybe our family will have a dog? My husband loves German Shephards....I love Golden Retrievers. Maybe we could compromise and get a mix of the two?



He's pretty =)

My husband and I will be celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary. I hope we are still happily in love with one another, still having fun and still best friends. They say that for your 10th wedding anniversary, traditionally, you're supposed to get your wife diamond jewelry. Perhaps a new ring?




I hope that in 10 years, I have been able to travel to Ireland...or at least to Europe.



And I hope that in 10 years Rick and I have saved enough money to get our children started with some type of college fund.


So yea, I guess you could say I want to have the perfect story-book life. Is that so wrong? I don't think so. I don't have to have it all, but if I at least get a few things (like the kids and the dog) I'll be a happy camper =)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers