layout

Monday, September 10, 2012

My Man

So I was on Pinterest--seem to be on that ridiculously addictive website a LOT lately; isn't it funny how so many conversations start off with this phrase? ANNND I digress--and I saw this neat little list. It was called 30 Day Blog Challenge. So I thought it would be fun to participate. So, today, Monday, September 10, 2012 is day one. The topic? My current relationship.



I am married to the love of my life, Richard Scott Castiglione. If you know me, you know how we met. What's that? You DON'T know how we met? AND you know me? Well, allow me to tell you. I LOVE this story! (Sorry those of you who have been told 12 million times....)

Rick and I met at the lovely Chili's establishment in January 2008. 

I was dating someone else at the time we met; wasn't a very good relationship and Rick just kinda showed up at the perfect moment and "rescued me". Let me back up a bit. We didn't just "meet at chili's". Like, we weren't just two patrons eating there. This Chili's was opening up in Arden, NC and I was training to be a hostess. He was the bartender trainer. And he was HOT! (still is...)

After a couple weeks of flirting, I finally got up the courage to ask for his number. He gave me his whole card with all his information on it. I was on cloud 9! (Still have the card too). Then it came time for him to go back home to Connecticut. I was sick his last day of work and didn't get to say goodbye. I was sad but something told me I'd be seeing him again. We kept in touch and discovered that we both wanted to move to Florida. I wanted to work at Disney and he was going to keep his mom company for a while. So, in April, I moved and in July, he followed. 

Our very first picture together =)

New Smyrna Beach 

We loved going to the beach! We would pay a couple dollars to drive on it, find a parking spot, and tailgate =) Fun times. 



Taking the bike out for a ride 


This is my favorite of us....in front of Hard Rock Cafe, City Walk, Universal Studios Orlando

Mini Golf...Daytona Beach

Orlando Ale House 

Our First Christmas Together 

At my niece's 2nd Birthday Party, Plant City, FL

CrAzYNesS

Seaworld 

Our trip to NC to meet my Dad =)

After a brief seperation...reunited and it felt SO good!

He is the LOVE of my life!

We got engaged "officially" (we always knew we'd get married one day) on February 14, 2011

My pretty ring =)

Finally =)

And then we found out we were expecting just a few months later...wonder how THAT happened...lol

But we were still excited....

We took a vacation with his mom and step dad a couple months before baby girl was due. We went to Destin, FL for the HOG rally

And we had a BLAST!

Then we welcomed our angel baby, Alexis Sofia Castiglione into the world on December 29, 2011. 

We said "I Do" at the Volusia County Courthouse on February 14, 2012. 

It wasn't a big wedding, in fact it was VERY small...but it was still the happiest day of my life (aside from having my daughter)

FOREVER

Our wedding night: went to Rainforest Cafe for Dinner. 

Wedding present to my husband: Tickets to Daytona 500...even though it rained. At least we got to go the next night!

First family Easter


Took our baby to Disneyworld for the first time!

Lexi's first home: 442 Macy Ave Lake Helen FL


Rick means the absolute world to me. He and my daughter are the reasons I get up in the morning. For me, the sun rises and sets on this man and I don't know what I would do without him. We have been together for 4 1/2 years, married for only a few short months, and I plan on celebrating my 50th wedding anniversary with him as well! 

Thank you God for Rick! 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers