layout

Monday, July 19, 2010

My Top 100 Songs of ALL Time

Music has always been a huge part of my life.  It makes up who I am.  Music is my sanctuary.  When I'm feeling any kind of emotion, there are certain songs that just have a way of making that mood better, even if I am already happy.

 
It was very difficult to do, (I started with over 450...) but I decided to sit down and make a list of my top 100 favorite songs of all time.  This isn't just one genre. It is made up of counry (my favorite), classic rock, oldies, christmas songs, christian, gospel, pop, rock, rap, dance....basically everything.  To help me narrow it down, my criteria was that each song had to have an immediate effect on me as soon as it came on, I had to know the majority of the lyrics, and it had to either mean something to me or just make me wanna move! Also, these songs had to be songs that I couldn't live without on my IPOD. I was going to put them in order of my least favorite to my most favorite (which was impossible to do) so it's in no particular order. So, here they are. Enjoy!

 

  1. To Make You Feel My Love- Kris Allen (His version is BRILLIANT! But Garth Brooks made me fall in love with it)
  2. I Can't Make You Love Me- Bonnie Raitt
  3. One Sweet Day- Boyz II Men and Mariah Carey
  4. When A Man Loves A Woman- Percy Sledge
  5. When I Get Where I'm Going- Brad Paisley and Dolly Parton
  6. I Will Always Love You- Whitney Houston*
  7. Love, Me- Colin Raye
  8. Ain't No Mountain High Enough
  9. Something To Talk About- Bonnie Raitt
  10. Can't Hurry Love- The Supremes
  11. 9 to 5- Dolly Parton
  12. Can't Help Falling In Love- Elvis Pressley
  13. Landslide- Stevie Nicks
  14. Friends Forever- Michael W Smith
  15. Ironic- Alanis Morrisette
  16. What A Wonderful World- Louis Armstrong
  17. Have I Told You Lately That I Love You- Rod Stewart
  18. Unchained Melody- Righteous Brothers
  19. Old Time Rock and Roll- Bob Segar
  20. Free Bird- Lynyrd Skynyrd
  21. Mountain Music- Alabama
  22. Brown Eyed Girl- Van Morrison
  23. Shout To The Lord- Darlene Zchesch
  24. Working On The Building- Elvis Pressley
  25. Shook Me All Night Long- AC/DC
  26. The House That Built Me- Miranda Lambert
  27. The Climb- Miley Cyrus
  28. Will You Be There- Michael Jackson
  29. Three Little Birds- Bob Marley
  30. Because You Loved Me- Celine Dion
  31. Soul and Inspiration- The Righteous Brothers
  32. Everything I Do (I Do For You)- Bryan Adams
  33. Take My Breath Away- Berlin
  34. Uptown Girl- Billy Joel
  35. My Heart Will Go On- Celine Dion
  36. You've Lost That Loving Feeling- The Righteous Brothers
  37. Amazing Grace
  38. Forever and Ever Amen- Randy Travis
  39. Lean On Me-  Bill Withers
  40. When I Fall In Love- Nat King Cole
  41. Greatest Love Of All- Whitney Houston
  42. Fancy- Reba McEntire
  43. More Than Words- Extreme
  44. Isn't She Lovely- Stevie Wonder
  45. Killing Me Softly- Lauryn Hill
  46. I Can Only Imagine- MercyMe
  47. Under The Boardwalk- The Drifters
  48. Cowboy- Kid Rock
  49. Let Her Cry- Hootie and the Blowfish
  50. You're The Inspiration- Chicago
  51. I Swear- All-4-One
  52. If You Only Knew- Shinedown
  53. Hero- Mariah Carey
  54. The Christmas Shoes-Newsong
  55. Sweet Home Alabama- Lynyrd Skynyrd
  56. Butterfly Kisses- Bob Carlisle
  57. Potters Hand- Darlene Zchesch
  58. Hotel California- Eagles
  59. Red Red Wine- UB40
  60. Footloose- Kenny Loggins
  61. You Were Meant For Me- Jewel
  62. Save The Last Dance For Me- Michael Buble*
  63. I Can See Clearly Now- Johnny Nash
  64. No One Needs To Know- Shania Twain
  65. Free Falling- Tom Petty (But I love John Mayer's version too)
  66. The Dance- Garth Brooks
  67. Don't Wanna Miss A Thing- Aerosmith
  68. Carolina In My Mind- James Taylor
  69. My Girl- The Temptations
  70. Against All Odds- Mariah Carey
  71. The Way You Look Tonight- Michael Buble*
  72. His Eye Is On The Sparrow- Hymn, but Lauryn Hill does it BEAUTIFULLY
  73. Wide Open Spaces- Dixie Chicks
  74. You Are So Beautiful- Joe Cocker
  75. I'll Make Love To You- Boyz II Men
  76. You Are Not Alone- Michael Jackson
  77. On My Highway- Jason Aldean
  78. Fire and Rain- James Taylor
  79. Jailhouse Rock- Elvis Pressley
  80. Go Rest High On That Mountain
  81. Love Like Crazy- Lee Brice
  82. Shine- Collective Soul
  83. Power Of Love- Celine Dion
  84. Make Me Lose Control- Eric Carmen
  85. Redeemer- Nicole C Mullen
  86. Angels Among Us- Alabama
  87. Love Can Build A Bridge- The Judds
  88. Imagine- John Lennon
  89. Don't Stop Believing- Journey
  90. Where The Green Grass Grows- Tim McGraw
  91. Have You Ever Loved A Woman- Bryan Adams
  92. Any Man Of Mine- Shania Twain
  93. Drift Away- Dobie Gray
  94. Tears In Heaven- Eric Clapton
  95. It Is Well With My Soul- Hymn
  96. Time Of My Life- Bill Medley
  97. Unwritten- Natasha Bedingfield
  98. You'll Never Walk Alone- Elvis Pressley
  99. Faithfully- Journey
  100. Walk This Way- Aerosmith
*I know these aren't the original artists, but I like this artist's version better

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers